1. Where do you see yourselves in 5 years time career wise?
We don't even see ourselves now - not enough mirrors in these damn venues.
2. What is the ultimate venue to perform and why?
House parties usually take the cake because human connection is most potent shoulder to shoulder.
3. What goes through the your mind before you perform live? Do you have any 'rituals' before you go on?
We enjoy a good countdown as much as the next bloke - gets the blood pumpin'.
4. Where do you get your influence for your lyrics?
Ghosts of girlfriends past/future.
5. How did you get the name 'Hippo Campus'?
6. What is your favourite song that you have produced?
Probably something we haven't released yet.
7. What is your all time favourite song?
'This is why I'm hot' - MIMS
8. What makes a good studio session?
A wide assortment of table games and couches.
9. What is your first experience with music as a child? Has that influenced you today?
I grew up in the church and my grandpa was a choir director so that probably seeded an interest in music from an early age.
10. How did you get into music?
*breathy and dramatic voice* music chose me.
11. What can people expect from your concerts?
Nudity, subtle profanity and sweat.
12. How do you cope with mistakes (if you make them) live?
13. What advice would you give to aspiring musicians?
Do hard work.
14. Do you come up with your ideas for music videos? If so, what is the process like?
It's like half and half. The well made ones are collaborative between us and the director(s). It's an exhaustive process.
1. Pop or Alternative?
Genres are obsolete.
2. America or Europe?
Americaaaaa, fuck yeah.
3. City or Country?
4. Cats or Dogs?
Nickelodeon really achieved world peace with that one.
5. Summer or Winter?
Interview is from DIXSY Archives (2017) and was conducted via email.